Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In Her honor - Remembering 9/11

Cheryl Ann Monyak


A friend of mine mentioned on her blog a few months ago that she had signed up to honor a victim of Sept. 11, 2001 through this site. I thought what a wonderful thing to do so I went here and signed up too. At first I was going to add my memories from Sept. 11th, 2001 to this posting but then I thought, "no" because that is probably what the terrorists who carried out these attacks would want, to forever be remembered as "history makers" so I am going to keep this short and really about the life of the lady I am honoring today, Cheryl Ann Monyak. Cheryl was 43 years young and a resident of Greenwich, Conn. when she was killed in the World Trade Center. Cheryl lived in California for a few years of her life and then moved back to Connecticut because she "missed the four seasons". Being a native Californian I have often wanted to go back east to see the changing of the seasons, I hear it is quite beautiful. Cheryl worked for Marsh & McLennan in the World Trade Center. Marsh & McLennan Companies lost 295 members of their "family" that day, Cheryl being one of those members. I found these tributes to her describing her as happy, friendly, loving, compassionate, kind, beautiful, and the list goes on and on. After reading these tributes I wish I were writing about her for a different reason, not to memorialize her but writing about her as a personal friend. I don't know if anyone that knew Cheryl will make it to my blog through the tribute site but even if they don't, I ask those who do make it here, whether you know Cheryl or not, to remember her today and to remember all those that lost their lives in this very tragic attack. Please continue to pray for those parents who lost their children and for those children who lost their parents. So many things happen in life that leave us wondering why. Today I will take a moment to thank God for everyday, for my freedom, and for all my blessings in life. Please join me in honoring Cheryl Ann Monyak and may she continue to rest in peace. God bless her and all the victims of 9/11.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

what a lovely tribute. Thanks for following the lead of all the other blogger geeks ;-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Thank you for helping us remember! Another lovely life taken too soon from us.

10:56 PM  
Blogger humble servant said...

Thank you for this tribute.

http://seekingwoman.blogspot.com

12:27 PM  
Blogger Moobs said...

Lovely tribute and I agree with what you say about not letting the terrorists think they define our lives.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

The Big Birthday Girl
Odds and Ends
The Itch
Who Looks Like Daddy
The Results Are In
I Could Have Sworn I Was Someplace Else
She's a Con Artist
Hot Summer Nights
Identity Crisis
Pictures From The 4th

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics