Monday, March 24, 2008

I Am

Shelby had Open House at school last week and one of the things she had worked on this year was a poem called "I Am". I had the opportunity to read Shelby's poem and my response is I AM PROUD. I decided to post her poem here for all to read because I think it is pretty amazing for a 9 year old (it was written in December before she turned 10). Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Oh, warning, the ending is a little tear jerker and there is one part about her parents argung, Hmmmm, I have no idea where she got that from...Ha..What a wake up call for us though, just a reminder to try even harder to not argue in front of the little ones as it truly does have an impact.


I Am

I am responsible and caring
I wonder why you mostly get sick in winter than in summer
I hear my brain talking to me
I see myself being wonderful in life
I want to be the world's greatest chef
I am responsible and caring

I pretend to be a mother
I feel that everyone should treat each other nicely
I touch my needs and goals
I worry when my parents argue
I cry when I'm lonely
I am responsible and caring

I understand how to be a nice person
I say that you can always do what you want to do
I dream about owning my own mall
I try something new everyday
I hope my Mom can get through cancer
I am responsible and caring

Written by: Shelby Garcia
December 2007

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

how wonderful is that?!?!?
You have every reason to be proud...what a great poem.

5:39 PM  
Blogger sis143 said...

I am crying every time i read this...Shelby is a great writer at such a young age truly amazing..I love my niece xoxo

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

She's Incredible
Mini Vacation To The Coast
Locks Of Love
Drum Roll Please
These Eyes
Love Is In The Air
Double Digits Already
New Protocol
Reflections of 2007
Spelling Lesson

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics