Thursday, June 22, 2006

How to Get Your Point Across

We have a neighbor whose a little "different". My husband has suspected that this neighbor is feeding one of our dogs table scraps through the knot holes in the fence. A nice gesture that comes with a not so nice result (makes picking up the dog droppings very messy if you know what I mean). Our dogs stomach just can not handle "people food". So rather then go knock on the "strange" neighbors door and ask if he might be feeding our dog through the fence, my husband just takes some duct tape and tapes up all the knot holes (if that isn't saying "don't feed my dog I don't know what is). So we find out last night that this particular neighbor asks another neighbor, "What our problem is" and he proceeds to tell the neighbor that he had told me that he pets our dog through the fence and the next day there was tape on all the holes. The petting the dog through the fence conversation happened a YEAR ago (I don't know where he has been the past 12 months). Sounds like he thinks the tape is a result of telling me he is petting our dog when it is in fact a way for my husband to get his point across (and not have to confront the "odd" neighbor) about feeding the dog. I thought it was a little odd that he took a liking to our dog since he is a postman and they are usually not too fond of canines. So what now, do we just take the tape off the fence like there was no purpose for it to begin with? or does my husband go over and say, "Hey I taped the fence so you wouldn't feed my dog". That would sound a little "off" since all he really had to do was go knock on the neighbors door but the guy is strange so that may not have went over too well either. We are in a dilema now, maybe we just leave the tape and avoid the neighbor at all costs. What to do, what to do?? Any advice? Let's hope he doesn't go postal on us over this fence taping.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

okay, I have actually thought about this alittle....since your neighbor didn't approach you directly I say completely ignore him until he does.

8:41 AM  
Blogger The G Family said...

That's what I was thinking too. My husband has since removed the tape from the fence, I suppose that is his way of apologizing with out saying anything however we still have not resolved the problem of the neighbor feeding the dog through the fence....Uhhhhh...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

The Newest Addition
Beauty School Drop Out
Move Over Cindy
Isn't She Lovely
I Believe I Can Fly
Our House Guests
Much Fun In The Wilderness
She's So Inspiring
My Boys
Must Celebrate

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics