Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crazed Teenager and Then Some

My Stormy, isn't he handsome!
My Sydney making her "silly face"













Let's see where do I start, I have been having the time of my life lately. Last week, as a very last minute treat Shelby and I went to the Justin Timberlake concert, it was AMAZING!!! I was not ahuge fan prior to the concert, I mean I thought he was good and he was a cute "kid" but man oh man can he put on a show. He really is a true performer. It was a wonderful concert and so fun to have some time alone with just Shelby and I. She had such a blast. She was woo whooooing for him and singing along, and doin a little dancing in her seat. We had a great time together.

I am also very excited to imform everyone that I got a new camera for my birthday from my mom and sister. Well my birthday is not here yet but I convinced them to let me have it early because I need it in order to get some nice pictures of Mr. Daughtry this Thursday. Yes, less then a week away before my niece and I go to see Daughtry. I can't wait. It will be her first concert and I am treating us for our birthdays. This new camera was recommended to me by one of my good friends and I am so happy with it. I am posting some pics with this post that were taken with the new camera, what a difference quality makes!

Oh, one more thing. I went with Shelby on a field trip last week to the gold mines in Placerville. I really learned so much. I guess it goes to show I didn't pay much attention to history in school because there was so much I didn't know. I was so happy to be able to go with her and it really was a great field trip.

So all in all, I have just been doing lots of fun stuff these past few weeks. When people look at me and think, Wow, how unlucky to have cancer (stage 4 at that) at such a young age, I have to say to them, I am actually not so unlucky afterall...I have so much to be thankful for because if it were not for my cancer diagnosis and my on going treatment I would not be able to be home with my girls and family so much and I probably would not be able to do all the things I have been able to do these past 2 years. Even though the treatment side effects can be tiring and painful at times, these fun times make that all manageable. September 26th marked 2 years since my surgery and as bad as it may sound, thank you cancer for giving me so much precious time with my daughters and family. I do have so much to be thankful for!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

You're amazing! Through all of this, you can find something positive. That's an incredible quality.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

concerts, field trips, camera's and an amazing attitude...can I come live with you?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

She'll Always Be My Baby
My Sidekick
A little Bit of Everything
Givin' Props Where Their Due
Beyond Our Wildest Dreams
School and Sweetness
Way Over Due
More Results
Summertime Fun
I Am Not Ready For This

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics