Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Long Overdue

So I just realized it has almost been 2 months since my last post. I am slacking here! So first off, I had another scan 6 weeks after starting my new treatment and things are stable so we will continue with this treatment for another 8 weeks and then scan again. It's pretty bad that not only do the people at the cancer center know me but the people who do the scans at the hospital now know me, i don't even have to give them my name. When I come in it's, "Oh, hi Mrs. Garcia" Never thought my face would be known in these places but on the other hand I suppose it's a good thing that I am still here frequenting those "facilities".

The girls have started back to school and are adjusting well. Shelby is in middle school and in the beginning it was a little rough because "all of her friends" had a different lunch period than her but she has since made new friends and I think she is enjoying it now. She was pretty bummed that her best friend from elementary school and her did not get one single class together.

We just got back from a weekend camping trip which was very nice and relaxing. I am really starting to believe that our little trailer purchase last year was well worth the money as it gives us time as a family to get away from a few days here and there but also gives us the luxury of not feeling like we are "really" camping. Sydney celebrated her 7th birthday and one of the gifts we got her was a butterfly garden. So if you have never heard of this it is so cool. You order it online, they ship you a butterfly habitat and live caterpillars. The caterpillars are in a cup with all the food they will need, well after so many days they form into their cocoons and then you have to transfer them into the habitat, thank goodness Vince was home the day the transfer needed to happen because it freaked me out a bit. Turns out when they are in their cocoons they will shake which is a defense mechanism, so when we were trying to transfer them the cocoons were shaking everywhere and I was just praying one did not detach from it's tiny little silk string that it was hanging from the top of the cup by and fall on my hand....Eweeeee...anyways, the transfer went smooth but they did not hatch into butterflies before we left so there we were, bags all packed, trailer hooked up, and butterfly habitat secure in the car on our way to Pine Grove. On our last day there the butterflies hatched out of their cocoons which I find so fascinating. It's crazy how they are completely transformed. So we have toted them back home and now Sydney is deciding when she wants to let them free. I am hoping it is sooner vs. later as it says the life span of a butterfly is only 2-4 weeks. We need to let them free before their short lives end cause I don't want to have an upset 7 year old on my hands.

That's it for now. Thanks for checking in!


Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Norcal Beagles

This and That
Summertime Fun
Tough Decisions and Good News
This and That
Time Off
Party, Party, Party
Mixed Bag
Coming Soon
Back On Track

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics