Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

During this time of year a lot of people reflect on what they are thankful for. I have been thinking about that quite a bit for the past few weeks. I have come to realize I have quite a bit to be thankful for. Of course I am thankful for all the usual things like family, friends, etc...but there is one thing that I am thankful for that may seem unusual to some. I am thankful for cancer. I am not thankful that it has caused fear and tears for myself and the people that love me but I am thankful that it has given me strength. I never thought of myself as a weak person but I have come to realize that having cancer has given me quite a bit of strength, strength to face another round with chemo, strength to take another round of hair loss, strength to undergo another round of tests that leave me hoping every 2 months that things look better. In the beginning, 5 years ago I would look at all of these things with great fear but today, I look at these things with strength, I am ready, I can do this, and I am not afraid. So thanks to having cancer I have become much stronger than I once was. I am also thankful for everyday. None of us are promised tomorrow but I feel so strong and I believe that I will have many more tomorrows to celebrate milestones with my friends and family. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, spend time with those you love and tell them you love them often, that is what I will be doing this season. Cheers!!

1 Comments:

Blogger sis143 said...

I'm so Thankful for you! You are such an inspiration to me and your strength amazes me everyday. I love you and look forward to spending the holidays with you. Love you tons Sis xoxo

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

Long Overdue
This and That
Summertime Fun
Tough Decisions and Good News
This and That
Time Off
Party, Party, Party
Mixed Bag
Neglect
Coming Soon

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics