Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tipping The Scales


Today was Sydney's 3 year old well check at the doctors. It's always exciting to see where your child falls on the "chart of percentiles". Usually Sydney is somewhere in the 50 percentile for her height (no big surprise there considering she is not from a family of giants) and for her weight she is usually around 90 percent (again, no big surprise, seeing how I am not exactly Kate Moss). Today she weighed in at 40 lbs which is in the 97 percentile...translation = in a line up of 100 kids she is heavier then 97 of them...I look at my not so little bundle and don't think fat or chubby I think healthy however the Dr. said I should "keep an eye on her and what she is eating" to avoid a pattern that she will not be able to break someday. So no my daughter does not need to go on a diet but I do have to bring her back in 6 months for a "growth check". The doctor mentioned having her get out and run around and I was thinking, hummm, maybe if I get out and run around too that will help me with my "high percentile" on the growth chart...haaaa...I will continue to do my best and run laps around the house with her since winter is upon us and getting out may be difficult in the next few months.

In other news, Shelby will be off track after this week meaning she has already completed one third of the third grade. I can not believe it. She will be out of school for 3 weeks so hopefully we can plan some fun things to do and enjoy our time together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

More to love. She is adorable!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Time must be flying because Shelby is looking all grown up to my eye....aren't they gorgeous? and well heck, we could all use a bit of running around but the minute some authority figure tells me that I'm sure I won't do it. Ha! She's healthy, happy...why make a fuss?

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

The Long Awaited - Part Deux
Anniversary Get Away-Part One
She's a Triathlete
Are They Trying To Attract The Male's
In Her honor - Remembering 9/11
The Big Birthday Girl
Odds and Ends
The Itch
Who Looks Like Daddy
The Results Are In

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics