Monday, November 13, 2006

Surprise, Surprise

Grandma and Grandpa





My sister and I took a trip to Oklahoma a week ago to surprise our grandparents. This was so exciting for us because we have never surprised them with a visit. We have lived in a different state pretty much all our lives so this has made it difficult to see them as often as we would like. This trip was very special, we were there celebrating their 60 years of marriage. They came to visit us this past summer and they mentioned they wanted to go see if the church they were married in was still standing. Well, they never got over to check it out so I decided I would check it out for them and wouldn't you know it, it's still there. So after we made plans to visit them I decided I would give them a special gift and go take some pictures of the church. I know they were genuinely surprised when my sister and I walked in the door and I think they were also very pleased to see the pictures of "their" church. It was a quick trip and I always wish I could spend more time with them. My grandparents are the most humble, strong, genuine, loving, giving, and caring people. I could go on and on about how wonderful I think they are, some might think I'm bragging but as my grandma says, "no bragging, just facts". This post is a tribute to their 60 years of marriage and love. I look up to them and hope someday I will celebrate my 60 years as well, what a true accomplishment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I can't even begin to imagine being married 60 years. What a sweet surprise!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

She's In Preschool
Tricks and Treats
On To Better Things
His New Ride
We've Got A Couple Floaters
Who Knew
Tipping The Scales
The Long Awaited - Part Deux
Anniversary Get Away-Part One
She's a Triathlete

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics