Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Can Deal With The Side Effects

I had a CT scan on Monday to see if the new treatment regimen I have been on for the past 6 weeks is working. Drum roll please!!!! The results of the CT scan show shrinkage in tumors in all areas!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!! So this treatment has some bad side effects that I have experienced such as burning hands and feet and now blisters bigger then silver dollar size on the bottoms of my feet (not attractive but whose looking at the bottom of my feet anyways). The way I see it, if this treatment is working then I can deal with the side effects. So, this is very good news for me. As most of you know, the only time anything has shrunk was several months ago and it was just one spot on my liver that reduced in size very slightly, but this time they have said all the spots on the liver have shrunk and specifically the largest one shrunk by 1.5cm as well as the spots on my spine. I am so very pleased. The next big news I am looking for is to hear my "butt" has shrunk since Sydney said to me last week, "Mommy, your butt is getting pudgy"....I cracked up. I can't believe she is just noticing that now, I mean it has always been pudgy, I suppose maybe now it is just at eye level for her...Haaaaa...Gotta love the honesty. So I am going to celebrate this good news and thank everyone for all the support, prayers, well wishes, etc....you are all helping me pull though this and lets keep up the positive thinking and hope for these great results again in 6 weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

This is the absolute BEST news I have heard in a long time. Your spirit and attitude have a lot to do with these results. love you!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Dolores said...

Wonderful news for a great girl and her family!! All our Best!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Yippee indeed....awesome news...so glad to hear it...expecting even better in 6 more weeks.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Welcome to our blog. We are an average family of 4 dealing with life's struggles and living one day at a time. Thanks for visiting!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cole & Avery
Hot House Momma

Breast Cancer Site
Cheeky Jewelry
Kevin Russell
Komen.org
Norcal Beagles

She Has Her Wings
Odds N Ends
Encore
Cloud 9
Daughtry
Best and Worst Day Ever
Like Pulling Teeth
Persistance
Post Christmas Steal
Last words of 2006

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics